Generic Frontline Plus (Fipronil & S-Methoprene)
Contains exactly the same active ingredients as Frontline Plus. You get the same fast, effective and convenient treatment and control of fleas, ticks and chewing lice at half the price of the brand name Frontline Plus!
- Treats and prevents flea infestation and biting lice.
- Has a rapid onset of action and kills re-infections with newly acquired adult fleas for at least one month.
- Prevents the development of flea eggs, larvae and pupae produced by adult fleas acquired for six weeks after treatment.
- May be used for the treatment of flea allergy dermatitis.
- Easy to administer spot-on application
- Each tube contains Fipronil & S-Methoprene
Product Detail: Generic Frontline Plus (Fipronil & S-Methoprene)
Information about Generic Frontline Plus
Generic Frontline Plus provides fast, effective and convenient treatment and control of fleas, ticks, and chewing lice. Treatment and prevention of flea infestation (Ctenocephalides spp) and control of ticks (Rhipicephalussanguineus), paralysis tick (Ixodes holocyclus) and biting lice (Trichodectes canis). Generic Frontline Plus has a rapid onset of action and kills re-infections with newly acquired adult fleas for at least one month. Generic Frontline Plus also prevents the development of flea eggs, larvae and pupae produced by adult fleas in 3 months after treatment. It controls brown ticks up to one month and paralysis ticks for up to two weeks after application. Checking your pets regularly is necessary to minimize the risk of tick paralysis. Checking should continue throughout the paralysis tick season. Generic Frontline Plus may be used for the treatment and control of flea allergy dermatitis. It is used for flea control as it breaks the life cycle of all stages of fleas.
- For Fleas: Monthly application is recommended. All pets in a household should be treated at the same time.
- Paralysis ticks: Two-weekly application is recommended. Generic Frontline Plus provides control of paralysis ticks for up to 2 weeks. This product does not guarantee prevention of tick paralysis because ticks are not killed immediately after attachment. Checking pets regularly is necessary to minimize the risk of tick paralysis. Checking should continue throughout the paralysis tick season, which extends from spring to autumn, but may be year round in some localized areas.
- Dog/Cat Ticks: Monthly application is recommended
- Biting Lice: Treat all household dogs/cats at the same time.
|Dosage||Active Ingredients||For cats|
|Generic Frontline Plus for Cats (Purple Box)|
|0.5 mL/pipette||Fipronil 9.8% w/v; (S)-Methoprene 11.8% w/v||8 weeks or older|
|Dosage||Concentration||For dogs weighing|
|Generic Frontline Plus for Dogs (Blue Box)|
|0.67 mL/pipette||Fipronil 9.8% w/v; (S)-Methoprene 8.8% w/v||Up to 10kg|
|Generic Frontline Plus for Dogs (Red Box)|
|1.34 mL||Fipronil 9.8% w/v; (S)-Methoprene 8.8% w/v||10-20 kg|
|Generic Frontline Plus for Dogs (Maroon Box)|
|2.68 mL||Fipronil 9.8% w/v; (S)-Methoprene 8.8% w/v||20-40 kg|
|Generic Frontline Plus for Dogs (Green Box)|
|4.02 mL||Fipronil 9.8% w/v; (S)-Methoprene 8.8% w/v||40-60 kg|
Application: Break the snap-off top from the pipette along the scored line. Part the hair at the back, at the base of the neck,a nd between the shoulder blades until the skin is visible. Place the tip of the pipette onto the skin. Care should be taken to avoid excessive wetting of hair during treatment. Do not allow treated dogs/cats to lick each other or rub against other animals until the application site is dry.
Caution: Hazardous to humans. This product may cause irritation of mucous membranes, skin and eyes. Avoid contact of the product with the mouth, skin or eyes. Dogs/Cats or those who have known hypersensitivity to insecticides or alcohol should avoid contact with the drug. Avoid contact of contents with the fingers. If this occurs, wash hands with soap and water. In case of accidental exposure with eyes, rinse with clean water carefully. Do not handle treated dogs/cats and don't allow children to play with treated dogs/cats until the application site is dry. It is therefore recommended that cats/dogs should not be treated during the day but in the early evening and for treated cats not to sleep with owners, especially children. Do not smoke, drink, or eat during application. Do not apply Generic Frontline Plus for more than 30 days.
Safety in Dogs/ Cats. For external use only. Generic Frontline Plus is safe for use in dogs and puppies, cats and kittens over 8 weeks of age and in breeding, pregnant or lactating bitches/queens. Do not use Generic Frontline Plus if you or your pet has a known hypersensitivity to insecticides or alcohol.
If swallowed call a poison control center or doctor immediately for treatment advice. For hazards to domestic animals the 24 hour assistance line within the U.S.A. is 1-800-660-1842.
Storage: Store below 30 C in dark place. Protect from heat.
Physical or Chemical hazards: Flammable. Keep away from heat and open flame.
Container disposal: Fipronil and (S)-methoprene may adversely affect aquatic organisms. Do not discard the product or empty pipettes in ponds, rivers and streams. Securely wrap bottles in several layers and discard in trash.