- Kills all life stages of fleas
- Begins working within 12 hours to kill fleas on contact
- Kills eggs, larvae, and adult fleas to break the life cycle and help prevent re-infestation
- Waterproof formula continues working for up to four weeks, even after bathing
- Convenient, monthly topical application contains imidacloprid and pyriproxyfen
GENERIC NOW AVAILABLE
SELECT THE GENERIC OPTION TO SAVE $$$
Product Detail: Advantage II
Advantage II is a monthly topical flea prevention and treatment for pets that immediately kills fleas upon contact, easily ridding fleas even before having to bite pets. Advantage II also kills flea larvae flea eggs, addressing all life stages of fleas.
What are the active ingredients in Advantage II?
How Advantage II works
The active ingredients in Advantage II work to address your pet’s concerns. Imidacloprid fights the flea’s nervous system — paralyzing and eventually ridding it. Pyriproxyfen is an insect growth regulator (IGR) that targets and fights flea eggs and larvae.
Advantage II acts fast and kills the existing fleas on pets within 12 hours. Reinfesting fleas are killed within 2 hours with protection against further flea infestation lasting for 4 weeks. Pre-existing pupae in the environment may continue to emerge for 6 weeks or longer depending upon the climatic conditions. Fleas, eggs, and larvae in the surroundings are killed following contact with an Advantage II treated pet.
Advantage II provides multi-stage flea control effectively breaking all flea life-cycle stages for quick and lasting control of flea populations. Advantage II kills adult fleas quickly within 12 hours, inhibits the development of immature flea life stages, and prevents them from reaching the biting adult stage. Advantage II is waterproof and remains effective following a shampoo treatment or after exposure to rain or sunlight.
How can Advantage II be properly administered?
Before applying, check the weight range and minimum age on the package to choose the appropriate product for your pet. Apply monthly treatments for optimal control and prevention of fleas.
Steps in applying the treatment to your pet:
- Remove the tube from the packaging and open it by putting the cap on the other end and twisting to break the seal.
- For cats, part the hair where the cat's head and neck come together (base of the skull) and place the tip of the tube on the skin, gently squeezing to expel the entire solution out onto the skin. For dogs, place the tip of the tube on the skin between your dog's shoulder blades and gently squeeze to expel the solution on their skin. The number of application spots depends on the size and weight of your dog.
- Lift the tube away from their skin, while maintaining pressure on the tube to make sure the product has all been squeezed out.