Pfizer Terramycin Eye Ointment
Information About Terramycin Eye Ointment
Terramycin Eye Ointment is an opthalmic antibiotic ointment for canines, felines, and equines. Terramycin Eye Ointment is used for the prevention and treatment of superficial eye infections such as eye ulcers, pinkeye, kerititis and conjunctivities in dogs, cats and horses. Unlike your regular eye ointment, Terramycin Ophthalmic Ointment has broad-spectrum effectiveness, which means it combats more than one type of organism causing infection in your pet?s eye.
When it comes to pet eye care, you can be sure that Terramycin Ophthalmic Ointment is effective. It contains oxytetracycline, which can inhibit the growth of a wide variety of bacteria. Terramycin Eye Ointment also has polymyxin B which is used to treat bacterial infections in the eye.
Dogs, cats and horses - they too can be victims of organisms causing infection. Eye infections in pets happen all the time. Don?t be caught off guard. Terramycin Ophthalmic Ointment is available in handy dispensable tubes for hassle-free pet eye-care and treatment.
Please note that this is a restricted drug in California and as such, we are unable to ship Terramycin Eye ointment to California residents.
Unique Features of Terramycin Eye Ointment
- Ophthalmic antibiotic ointment for a wide variety of pets
- Prevents occurance of eye infections in dogs, cats and horses
- Treats primary and secondary eye infections
- Has the dual antibiotic strength of oxytetracycline and polymyxin B
- Each gram contains oxytetracycline hydrochloride equivalent to 5 mg of oxytetracycline + polymyxin B
- Versatile - fights more than one type of infection-causing organisms
- Available in handy and dispensable tubes that are so easy to use
- Store below 25°C (77°F).
Dosage and Administration
Topically apply Terramycin Ophthalmic Ointment to the eye, 2-4 times daily.
Warnings, Side Effects and Drug Interactions
- Warning: Use of Terramycin Ophthalmic Ointment may cause occassional allergic reactions. Discontinue use if reaction is severe.
- The ingredient oxytetracycline and other antibiotics in the ointment may result in an overgrowth of resistant organisms. If new infections arise due to non-sensitive bacteria or if fungi appear during therapy, appropriate measures should be taken. Immediately call your veterinarian.
- Terramycin Ophthalmic Ointment is strictly for animal use only. Not to be used on humans.
You pay $12.95