Product Detail: K9 Advantix II
K9 Advantix II Product Overview
K9 Advantix II is an easy to apply, once a month treatment for dogs to repel and kill fleas, mosquitoes and nasty ticks, whilst also killing lice and repelling biting flies. It is waterproof and thus dogs can still be bathed and swim on occasion.
K9 Advantix II will start killing fleas already infesting the dog within 12 hours of application, and those re-infesting the dog within 2 hours.
By repelling and killing fleas, ticks and mosquitoes, K9 Advantix II may save dogs from contracting blood-borne diseases readily spread by these parasites. They will also be saved from the discomfort of constant irritation and itching caused by these parasites as well as lice and biting flies.
Treatment with K9 Advantix II can begin from 7 weeks of age.
How to Use K9 Advantix II
- Determine the packet size of K9 Advantix II required based upon your dog's current weight.
- For ease of application the dog should be in a standing position.
- Remove applicator tube from packet.
- Remove cap from tube whilst in an upright position. Turn cap over and place back onto tube.
- Twist cap to break seal and remove cap from tube.
- For dogs up to 20 lbs, part the hair in 2 or 3 regions between the shoulders to the base of the tail and expel a small amount at each location at skin level. The entire contents of the tube should be used.
- For dogs 21 lbs and over, part the hair in 4-6 regions along the backline between the shoulders and tail base and apply entire contents of tube evenly between these areas.
K9 Advantix II Pack Sizes
- K9 Advantix II comes in convenient 4 and 6 packs and in 4 different sizes:
- Small dogs (10 lbs and under)
- Medium dogs (11-20 lbs)
- Large dogs (21-55 lbs)
- Extra large dogs (over 55 lbs)
Tips and Tricks for Using K9 Advantix II
Most animals will tolerate the application of a spot-on topical treatment such as K9 Advantix II quite well. However it might prove helpful to have assistance from another person if your pet refuses to co-operate. Another suggestion would be to offer the dog a treat whilst applying the product. For dogs which tend to roll around after application of the product, taking the dog for a walk immediately after application can avoid this problem.
Active Ingredients of K9 Advantix II
K9 Advantix II contains a mix of imidacloprid, permethrin and pyriproxifen.
K9 Advantix II Contraindications and Warnings
- K9 Advantix II should not be used on cats.
- Not for use on puppies under 7 weeks of age.
- Avoid contact with the dog's eyes or mouth.
- Avoid contact with eyes and clothing. If poisoning occurs, contact poisons information immediately and have the packaging information for K9 Advantix II available.
- Check with veterinarian before use on dogs currently on other medications.
- If retreatment is necessary, do not apply K9 Advantix II more than once per week.