Capstar Flea Control
Information about Capstar TabletsCapstar tablets are an oral treatment for the treatment of adult flea infestations on dogs, puppies, cats and kittens 4 weeks of age and older and 2 pounds of bodyweight or greater. A single dose of Capstar will start to work within 30 minutes. It kills more than 90% of adult fleas on dogs within 4 hours and within 6 hours on cats. Capstar does not provide prolonged protection against reinfestation. Its efficacy lasts only up to 24 hours. If pets become reinfested with fleas, they may be safely dosed as often as once daily. All pets should be treated for the best flea control as fleas can reproduce on untreated pets and allow the infestation to continue. Capstar is ideally used as part of a complete flea management program.
Capstar tablets are lethal to fleas but extremely safe for pets. Capstar may be used in young animals from 4 weeks of age and older and 2 pounds of bodyweight or greater and in pregnant or breeding canines and felines. It can be safely used in conjunction with most common medications used in pets, including other flea products, heartworm preventives and dewormers.
Capstar is available in two strengths for different weights of pets: blue for cats and dogs weighing 2 - 25 lbs and green for dogs weighing 25.1 - 125 lbs. All packs contain 6 Capstar tablets.
Unique Features of Capstar Tablets
- Oral medication for the rapid treatment of flea infestations
- Specially formulated for puppies, dogs, kittens and cats
- Can be used once-a-day, everyday
- Safe to use on pregnant or breeding animals
- May be used on animals 4 weeks of age and older and 2 pounds of bodyweight or greater
- Each package contains six tablets
- Active ingredient: Nitenpyram
- Store at controlled room temperature, between 59 and 77°F (15-25°C)
Dosage and Administration
Dose one tablet for the appropriate weight of your pet, as required, up to once daily. Tablets can be dosed directly into the mouth, or can be given mixed in a small portion of your pet's favorite food. If hidden in food, watch the pet closely to ensure that the tablet is swallowed.
Warnings, Side Effects and Drug Interactions
- Safe for use on cats and dogs 4 weeks of age and older and 2 pounds of bodyweight or greater.
- Safe for use in pregnant and nursing dogs and cats.
- May be safely used with other products including heartworm preventatives, antibiotics, corticosteriods, vaccines, worming medications, shampoos and other flea products.
- On rare occasions, the following adverse reactions have been reported in pets following treatment with Capstar: vomiting, depression, loss of appetite, diarrhea, skin reactions and breathing difficulties.
You pay $22.95